2023-2024 Wrestling Checklist
Below is a checklist of items you must complete to participate in wrestling. All items must be complete before the first day of conditioning.
Section 1: Athletic Participation Paperwork
1) Complete Athletic Participation Paperwork
This paperwork is required to participate in wrestling. It must be done each season. If an athlete participates in multiple sports they do not have to submit these forms a second time. A copy of the form is attached to the left on this page.
1A) Print Packet and fill out
1B) Create an account at https://athleticclearance.fhsaahome.org/
- SIGNATURES SECTION : There are electronic signatures in this section (no need to print these out).
- FILES SECTION : Submit ALL FOUR PAGES of your (sports physical) EL2 form (even though it just says 'please upload only page 4').
- You will also upload your school insurance in this section (see 2 below)
- You will also submit your 3 online course certificates (see 3 below)
- You do not need to get forms notarized!
IF YOU PLAY A FALL SPORT : MAKE SURE YOU GO INTO YOUR ATHLETIC CLEARANCE ACCOUNT AND ADD WRESTLING AS A SPORT. SKIP SECTIONS 2 AND 3 BELOW, AND GO TO SECTION 4.
2) Purchase School Insurance
This button brings you to the site to purchase school insurance. You must purchase school insurance regardless of your medical insurance coverage. (at a minimum, choose At School - pk12 - high option plan)
3) Required Online Courses
Every student athlete in Pinellas County is required to complete the 3 free online courses regarding concussions, sudden cardiac arrest, and heat illness.
- Click the appropriate button the left,
- Make an account,
- Take the free courses,
- Download your PDF certificate.
- Upload certificates with your online paperwork to athletic clearance.
These courses and tests must be completed by the student-athlete, not a parent, and completed before he/she participates.
4) Join our Remind.com group and our new SportsYou group. These Apps allows us to communicate with Wrestlers & Parents via text.
Click this button to instantly join. Wrestlers need to join as a "student" and parents join simply as a "parent". This will be my primary way of communicating info with parents & wrestlers.
We are also creating the SportsYou communication, because Pinellas County Schools might do away with Remind. So please create an account and join this one as well.
Click this button to instantly join. Wrestlers need to join as a "player" and parents join simply as a "family".
Section 2: Wrestling Paperwork
5) Wrestling registration fee $100 (non-refundable)
Please make a check payable to East Lake High School
-Make sure there is an address, phone number, the wrestlers name and the account code 6-2400.95 on the check.
You may enclose cash in a envelope and write the wrestlers first and last name on it.
You may submit online through RevTrak by clicking here.
This fee pays for associated team costs. It helps to pay the costs associated with the operation of the team. We are not provided a single penny from PCSB and must raise all money to operate.
-Each tournament has registration cost of $350-$400 (We participate in 7 of these).
-Medical & training supplies
-Travel & hotel costs
6) BOYS, buy team uniform at the "Go Earn It" store below (will go live in October).
GIRLS, see Coach Marzo about Uniforms.
This includes a compression shirt, fight shorts and a half zip pull over, worn during matches. You can keep these when the season ends. There is also several other extra options to purchase, but are not mandatory. The website link below has sizing information as well.
7) What do I need for practice/compete?
Wrestlers need to purchase a pair of wrestling shoes and headgear for matches and practice. Most wrestling shoes are sold through a variety of online outlets. The only place that sells them in person is Dick's Sporting goods.
What colors do I choose?
When choosing Headgear and wrestling shoes, please stick to our team colors:
Royal Blue, Black, White, Silver, or charcoal.